Monday, January 18, 2010

Love this blog... and the sandwich that is a mainstay.

The Good Mood Food Blog is the brainchild of Donal Skehan... a guy who took his love of food and photography to the web... and, as of October, to print.

I'm still working my way through the recipes, finding it a real challenge to choose what to make from the mouthwatering photos laid out in front of me.

I have, however, several times made a version of Donal's Bacon, Avocado and Sunblushed Tomato Sandwich, which I first discovered courtesy of a friend. I love this sandwich because it seems that I always have the components on hand and, because of that, I am saved from eating microwave popcorn over the kitchen sink when I am feeling supremely lazy.

Use as much or as little of each ingredient as your tastes direct...

I typically walk in the door, turn on the oven and pop a few pieces on bacon on a sheet. While that bakes away, and after I've gone through my just-arrived-home routine, I'll slice an avocado and toast the bread. Onto the warm bread, I will slather on as many sundried tomatoes as I can fit. Top with the bacon, then the slices of avocado, then the second slice of bread.

You can easily give this sandwich a new twist with different cheeses, breads or other fresh ingredients.


This is about the time I will put on a movie, cozy into the couch and dig in...

0 thought(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails