Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Works in Progress...

I have been toiling away in the kitchen. Rest assured. But, I've been enjoying a few of the simple things of late... and they don't really warrant recipes.

For interest's sake, I love a croissant. This last week, there were several toasted croissants with fresh ricotta and wildflower honey. And a nice espresso. Sometimes the simplest things are the most enjoyable. There have also been stacked sandwiches... full of real Italian mortadella, cucumbers, tomatoes and grainy dijon mustard. I'm also completely addicted to salads with toasted pecans, goats' cheese and either dried cranberries or plump blackberries.


I have also been working on a couple of recipes but I'm not quite ready to share them... here are the early stages of an awesome pizza...


 ...and a panko breaded buffalo chicken.



A few more tweaks and they will be yours!

2 thought(s):

Jamie said...

It all looks so delicious. And I agree about how simple things are often the best, especially when each ingredient chosen is fresh and delicious. Can't wait to see the whole pizza!

Dean said...

The pizza was delicious. I regret not eating more of it. Oh Hindsight, how you mock me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails